Click here to see recent annual reports.
About the Vestry
The vestry is the legal representative of the parish with regard to all matters pertaining to its corporate property. New vestry members, usually four, are elected at the annual meeting in June. In all, twelve vestry members serve at any one time, in staggered 3-year terms. The presiding officer of the vestry is the rector. There are two wardens. The senior warden leads the parish between rectors and is a support person for the rector. The junior warden often has responsibility for church property and buildings. The basic responsibilities of the vestry are to help define and articulate the mission of the congregation, to support the church’s mission by word and deed, to select the rector, to ensure effective organization and planning, and to manage resources and finances. READ MORE…
Our Current Vestry
Vestry Officers: (The treasurer and secretary do not need to be members of the vestry, but can be appointed, leaving members of the vestry free for other duties.)
- Senior Warden: Saundra (Sandy) Johnson.
- Junior Warden: vacant.
- Treasurer: Scott Serota.
- Secretary and Clerk: Carey Lockman Corbin.
- Position Descriptions: click here to see the responsibilities of senior warden, junior warden, treasurer, and secretary.
Serving to June, 2024
- Carey Lockman Corbin
- Saundra (Sandy) Johnson
- Rachel Gaskell
Serving to June, 2025
- Cecil Gordon
- Anthony Jones
- Christina Bennan Lee
- Nana Soto
Serving to June, 2026
- Mary Lou Edgar
- Scott Serota
- Mary O’Connell Sparco
The Vestry usually meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
The Vestry has seven areas of stewardship:
- Adult Spiritual Enrichment
- Pastoral Care
- Youth and Young Families
Recent Vestry Members:
- 2021-2023 Gary Jolly
- 2021-2021 Clint Williams
- 2020-2023 John Goodill, Pat Hampton, Sharon Leyhow, Wanda Smith
- 2019-2022 Mary Morgan, Danny Schweers, Peggy Shane
- 2019-2021 Dan Young
- 2018-2021 Tom Angell, Rachel Gaskell, Patty Greene
- 2017-2020 Jenna Christy, Norwood Coleman, Nana Soto, Linda Whitehead
- 2018-2020 Sam Lamptey
- 2016-2019 Laura Eisenman, Steven Jones, Sharon Leyhow, Carol Scott
- 2016-2017 Queon Jackson
- 2015-2018 David Clouser, Audry Collins, John Goodill, Michelle Smith
- 2014–2017 Bill Kauffman, Debbie Layton, Phyllise Wilkins-Church
- 2014–2016 Andres DeCos
- 2013–2016 Tracey Dixon, Sharon Leyhow, Alice Sawyer, Leroy Trotz
- 2013–2015 Shannon Faulk
- 2012–2015 Tom Angell, Cyndi Dombrowski, Shawn Dorsey, Mark Williams
- 2011–2014 Mary Anne Edwards, Josh Martin, Cheryl Thomas, Bob Young
- 2010-2013 Cecil Gordon, Jim Linderman, Ida McCall, Matthew Shipp
- 2009-2012 Nancy Miller, Monica Oates, Beatrice Stubbs Polk, Pat Saunders
- 2008-2011 Charles Annan, Tracy Lea-Dorsey, Geoff Sawyer, Carol Scott
- 2007-2010 Walt Cheatham, Dot Dorsey, Chip MacKelcan, Martha Wallin
- 2006-2009 Carolyn Haon, Herbert Harvey Jr., Michelle Hastie, Bob Richmond
- 2005-2008 Max Bell, Yvonne Gordon, Patricia Griffin, James Linderman
Requirements of Nominees
Those seeking to serve on the Vestry should:
• be a member in good standing (A member in good standing is one who is regular in attendance at worship — in person or via video — and is a contributor to the parish by pledge or other identifiable financial contribution, even in small amounts.),
• have been engaged in at least one of SsAM’s ministries,
• be able to collaborate with others and be part of consensus decision-making,
• have demonstrated commitment to SsAM’s vision, mission, and values,
• have demonstrated the wisdom and capacity to hold in confidence sensitive information,
• be able to attend monthly online meetings as well as occasional extra meetings and an annual retreat, and,
• be able to communicate via email.
Documents and Links
Responsibilities of senior warden, junior warden, treasurer, and secretary.
Vision Statement, Mission Statement
By-Laws of SsAM – Bylaws – By Laws
Respectful Communications Guidelines
Best Practices of Episcopal Vestries
Vestry Topics on Episcopal Website