A Stewardship Reflection, October 9, 2022.
We hope that you have received your Stewardship mailing. It started our 7-week campaign, October 9 through November 20: “Behold, we are about to do a new thing”.
We have been doing new things as we lived through the pandemic.
Through your support, volunteer time and gifts:
- We stayed in contact with our parishioners and friends by phone, letters, email, Zoom meetings.
- We continued our music ministry during our services and with concerts.
- We celebrated our 25th anniversary with a variety of activities including a wonderful series which help us connect with each other on Zoom!!
- We have provided new worship opportunities: Morning and Evening Prayer, Compline, and streamed services.
- We have increased our reach to support local food pantries and our efforts to feed the hungry.
- We have developed a health care and wellness ministry.
- We continued to support peace and justice initiatives.
- We continued to support Delaware Futures, St. Michael’s School and Nursery, Sojourner’s Place and Friendship House.
- Stewardship is not just the pledge campaign. Stewardship is a big concept that includes money, relationships, care for the earth, our neighbors, our health, and wellness and more.
Stewardship is a journey and not a destination.
Part of the journey is to reflect on how we approach our relationship with each other and all of God’s gifts to us all year round. Whatever the resources we have been given is what we must work with to accomplish the mission of the SsAM – these include our time, our talent, and our treasure, and they work together to grow the Reign of God.
Imagine what additional new things we can do next year as we continue to return in person and to support those unable to or uncomfortable in joining us. We ask that you look to see where God is calling you into an existing or new ministry in this parish. This may be time for you to take on something new or START something new.
Let us reflect on our Stewardship journey — to continue with and find new ways to connect with each other, our neighbors and most importantly our connection with God.
As of January 27, 2023 …
… 116 pledges had been made for 2023, two more than our goal, which was to equal the number made the previous year. To make a pledge, click here.