In late April, 2020, BERNARD FISHER, Certified Public Accountant, assumed the duties of treasurer at the Episcopal Church of Saints Andrew and Matthew in Wilmington, Delaware.
The treasurer is an officer of the vestry. In Episcopal churches, the treasurer can be a member of the vestry or, as is the case at SsAM, the treasurer can be a member in good standing appointed by the vestry to handle those duties.
- Bernard Fisher has been a resident of Delaware since 1985.
- Originally from Philadelphia, graduate of Overbrook High School (also famous as home of Wilt Chamberlain, basketball player; Will Smith, actor; Guy Bluford, Jr., astronaut).
- Married with two grown children.
- Work experience includes Public Accounting, Municipal Government, Not-for-Profits, Insurance, Construction, Medical Services, Banking.
- Previously co-owner of an interior decorating business.
- Volunteer at Church, Arts Organizations, Charter School.
- Enjoys exercise, yoga, running, walking and biking.
- Favorite spectator sports — football and soccer – the original reality TV.
Bernard is a former member of Sts. Andrew and Monica (that other SsAM!), Powelton Village, Philadelphia, where he served on the Vestry. He is a former member of St. John’s Cathedral Church, Wilmington from 1986 until its closing. There he served on Vestry and as Treasurer in the late 1980s, and was a lay reader and communion assistant. He has been a member of our church since the closing of St. John’s.