Oh God, you have promised that when two or three are gathered in your name, you are in the midst of them. During this period of social distancing, we, your people at SsAM, are not able to gather physically, but are still gathering in the Spirit.
We are praying for the safety and well-being of our family and friends; the people we serve in the community; the first responders and all essential workers, seen and unseen, and all caregivers; those who are ill and their families; and for all who have died. Inspire the governance of all human institutions to be fair, just, and impartial.
Help us to not only keep the FAITH, but be FAITHFUL in the use of our time, talent and treasure in the support of our VISION, MISSION and GUIDING PRINCIPLES. We thank you for the gift of the HOLY SPIRIT to guide and comfort us during these times and always.
You are encouraged to recite this prayer every day at 7:00 a.m., at Noon, and a 7:00 p.m. That is when members of the Vestry and other members of our church are saying it. It is a way of regularly reminding ourselves of others, that God aids all our efforts. If you cannot pray at those times, please pray when you can.
The Episcopal Church of Saints Andrew & Matthew seeks to be a dynamic, spiritual center that is active in the pursuit of peace and justice in the community and a place where all God’s people are honored.
To be an inclusive Christian community that worships God, follows Christ in all aspects of our lives, and serves the greater Wilmington area through actions and ministries that promote peace, justice, reconciliation, and empowerment for all people.
- We will create a new Christian Community.
- We will have an Eucharistically-centered Liturgy that is mission driven and varied in format.
- We will be mission driven in our work and life together so that we go forth into the world as representatives of Christ.
- We will include individuals from all walks of life, all cultures and all races in the life of the Community.
- We will be advocates for social justice.
- We will share authority and ministry with the congregation in the design and implementation of worship and Christian formation, education, services, activities and program.
- We will model a multi-cultural community in everything we do.
- We will respect the needs of individuals and families.
- We will offer Christian formation in a variety of ways.
- We will have multi-cultural and/or diversified education.
- We will use all our resources in ways that strengthen both our faith community and the surrounding community.
- We will be supportive of those in physical and/or spiritual need.
- We will confront issues and conflicts openly, honestly, and with care for each other and the Community.
- We will honor and celebrate our historic roots and differences in ways that move us toward our Vision.