Children’s Chapel begins Sunday, September 15! Children’s Chapel is a worship, music and learning experience for children at the 10:30 service. Each Sunday, the children begin with their families in church and are led by the Crucifer to Children’s Chapel in the Education Suite immediately following the Gospel reading. Childrens Chapel registration 2019 2020
CHILDREN’S CHAPEL SCHEDULE
I – Children come to church and sit with their families.
II – Following the Gospel Reading, the children follow the Crucifer
to the Education Suite.
III – Chapel begins with a structured liturgy designed especially for Children
- Opening Song
IV – Snack and Bathroom Break
V – Special Activity (begins approximately 11:20 a.m.)
- September 15 – Understanding Holy Eucharist with Fr. David
- September 22 – Drumming with Jonathan Whitney
- September 29 – The Story of How SsAM Began with Lloyd Casson and Lu Soukup
- October 6 – Children sing in church and sit with families for Holy Communion
- October 13 – Drumming with Jonathan Whitney
- October 20 – Understanding the Season of Creation with Fr. David
- October 27 – Photos of the Human Family with Danny Schweers
- November 3 – Children sing in church and sit with families for Holy Communion
- November 10 – Writing a prayer for World Peace with Christina Brennan Lee
- November 17 – Understanding Stewardship with Fr. David
- November 24 – Drumming with Jonathan Whitney
VI – Parents pick up children up from Children’s Chapel in the Education Suite.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO HELP WITH CHILDREN’S CHAPEL
(Safe church training required for all adult leaders)
If you would like to help with Children’s Chapel, please contact the church office at (302) 656-6628 or use the contact form on this website.
- Parent Coordinators – each week a parent volunteer acts as the coordinator to see that the activities run smoothly.
- Devotion Leader(s) – one or two adults or older students lead the devotion and prayers.
- Snack Volunteer – if you would be willing to donate snacks, please contact the office.