In late April, 2020, BERNARD FISHER, Certified Public Accountant, assumed the duties of treasurer at the Episcopal Church of Saints Andrew and Matthew in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Resident of Delaware since 1985.
- Originally from Philadelphia, graduate of Overbrook High School (also famous as home of Wilt Chamberlain, basketball player; Will Smith, actor; Guy Bluford, Jr., astronaut).
- Married with two grown children.
- Work experience includes Public Accounting, Municipal Government, Not-for-Profits, Insurance, Construction, Medical Services, Banking.
- Previously co-owner of an interior decorating business.
- Volunteer at Church, Arts Organizations, Charter School.
- Enjoys exercise, yoga, running, walking and biking.
- Favorite spectator sports — football and soccer – the original reality TV.
Bernard is a former member of Sts. Andrew and Monica (that other SsAM!), Powelton Village, Philadelphia, where he served on the Vestry. He is a former member of St. John’s Cathedral Church, Wilmington from 1986 until its closing. There he served on Vestry and as Treasurer in the late 1980s, and was a lay reader and communion assistant. He has been a member of our church since the closing of St. John’s.